Leica Geosystems has developed a brand protection program enabling the company to comprehensively counter product piracy. Schreiner ProSecure’s seals are an essential component of the product protection strategy employed by Leica Geosystems, a manufacturer of high-precision measurement instruments.
Schreiner ProSecure’s seals are used worldwide to identify Leica products as originals. To achieve a high level of counterfeiting protection and to make authentication possible for different target groups, the product combines different security features:
• Color-shifting security ink. The special composition of the security ink results in a color shift from pink to green, depending on the viewing angle. The color-shifting ink is detectable without any aids and, as a decorative element, immediately catches the eye of customs officials, distributors, and buyers.
• Holographic strips. The 2D holographic embossing is an easily discernible security feature. Its design conveys value and quality.
• KeySecure in human-readable format. Each label is provided with a unique, encrypted number that can be entered on a Website to confirm the authenticity of the product.
• KeySecure as QR code. The number is also integrated in a QR code and can be checked directly using a smartphone. KeySecure verification using smartphones enables fast identification and efficient monitoring of the distribution chain.
• Tamper protection. The seal has die cuts that make it more difficult to detach without destroying it. The laboratory tests performed on different types of packaging have confirmed that these security die cuts effectively indicate attempts to detach the seal within a temperature range from −25°C to +65°C and that a complete detachment of the seal without damage is impossible.