• F. Hoffman - La Roche Ltd, winner of the Facility of the Year Award for Process Innovation for its “MyDose” Clinical Supply facility in Kaiseraugst, Switzerland
• MedImmune, LLC, winner of the Facility of the Year Award for Project Execution for its Frederick Manufacturing Center (FMC) Expansion facility in Frederick, Maryland, USA
• Merck and Company, Inc., winner of the Facility of the Year Award for Facility Integration for its Global Clinical Supplies Manufacturing, Packaging and Warehouse expansion project in Summit, New Jersey, USA
• Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics GmbH, winner of the Facility of the Year Award for Equipment Innovation for its “MARS Project” (Marburg Site) facility in Marburg, Germany
• Pfizer Health AB, winner of the Facility of the Year Award for Operational Excellence for its Project Pegasus - Bio 7 Manufacturing facility in Strängnäs, Sweden
• Pfizer Manufacturing Deutschland GmbH, winner of the Facility of the Year Award for Sustainability for its SPRING & E-MAP (Strategic Plant Restructuring & Energy Master Plan) project in Freiburg, Germany
• Shire HGT, Facility of the Year Award Honorable Mention for its Project Atlas, Building 400 facility in Lexington, Massachusetts, USA.
The Facility of the Year Awards program recognizes state-of-the-art pharmaceutical manufacturing projects that utilize new and innovative technologies to enhance the delivery of a quality project, as well as reduce the cost of producing high-quality medicines. Now in its seventh year, the awards program effectively spotlights the accomplishments, shared commitment, and dedication of individuals in companies worldwide to innovate and advance pharmaceutical manufacturing technology for the benefit of all global consumers.
The Facility of the Year Awards program is truly global, as submissions over the past seven years have been received from more than 25 different countries and territories. Each of the submissions was reviewed by an independent, blue-ribbon judging panel consisting of global senior-level executives from all aspects of the industry.
2011 Facility of the Year Events
There will be several opportunities to learn first-hand about the facilities being honored as “best in their class.” These opportunities include:
• INTERPHEX2011 - Meet the Category Award Winners at the Facility of the Year Awards Display Area at booth number 1571 in the exhibit hall of the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City, New York, USA. This is your opportunity to meet personally with representatives from companies of the Category Winners to discuss the success stories associated with these pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities. To register, or for more information, visit www.interphex.com.
• ISPE 2011 Annual Meeting - Hear presentations from the winning teams and learn first-hand who will win the coveted Overall Facility of the Year Award during ISPE's 2011 Annual Meeting, 6-9 November in Grapevine, Texas, USA. For more information, visit www.ISPE.org.
• Feature Articles - Comprehensive coverage will appear in Pharmaceutical Processing magazine and Pharmaceutical Engineering magazine.
Visit www.facilityoftheyear.org for more information about the awards program and comprehensive details about each of this year's award-winning projects and their support teams.