New Tool: ProSource
Checkout our packaging and processing solutions finder, ProSource.
Start Your Search

Anderson Packaging Receives IQPC Process Excellence Award

Anderson Packaging recognized by International Quality and Productivity Centre for Lean Six Sigma program.

Anderson Packaging has been recognized by the International Quality and Productivity Centre (IQPC) in its annual Process Excellence Awards competition. Anderson won the small-to-mid sized corporation category for the competition's Best Process Improvement in a Manufacturing Project. Anderson submitted a detailed summary of its Lean Six Sigma project optimizing the company's pharmaceutical bottle packaging lines. The award was received at the IQPC's eleventh annual Lean Six Sigma and Process Improvement Summit in Orlando, Florida on January 21st.

Anderson was recognized in the competition for its effectiveness in implementing improvements in the area of pharmaceutical bottling. The initiative was designed to deliver Anderson's customers increased capacity and efficient turnaround of production orders, while furthering scrap minimization and downtime initiatives. The project encompasses more than ten production lines across multiple facilities. Anderson was able to achieve reductions in downtime for individual programs in excess of 30%, as well as increases in Overall Operational Effectiveness (OEE) for programs of 10%. In addition, for individual programs Anderson recognized scrap reductions approaching 40%. Project effectiveness was measured against ongoing performance metrics Anderson reviews with customers.

Anderson instituted its award winning Lean Six Sigma program companywide in 2004. According to Chuck Aubrey, Vice President of Performance Excellence at Anderson Packaging, “This award is recognition of the efforts of many individuals at Anderson. We maintain a culture of continuous improvement and the principles of Lean Six Sigma methodology are involved in every aspect of the business. It helps maintain Anderson's competitiveness in the pharmaceutical packaging market, but ultimately it's about delivering the best possible service and performance to our customers. The Lean Six Sigma program is delivering powerful and measurable results.”
Test Your Supply Chain Smarts
Take Healthcare Packaging's supply chain quiz to prove your knowledge!
Take Quiz
Test Your Supply Chain Smarts
Discover Our Content Hub
Access Healthcare Packaging's free educational content library!
Unlock Learning Here
Discover Our Content Hub