The top challenges mentioned by Vision 2025 participants:
• Collect, validate and secure. What to collect; how best to collect; how to analyze; how to turn data to information to knowledge; how to validate; and, how to secure and protect the data.
• Artificial Intelligence. Implement greater use of AI to enable machines to provide more data and be more predictive in production operations.
• Timeliness. To make information immediately available to technicians and operators on the plant floor.
Listed among the solutions being considered or already put in play to address some of these challenges are:
• Utilizing data to make more data-driven decisions regarding [ingredient] processing.
• Accessibility. Working to make production operations information at point-of-use more readily available – quicker and easily accessible – especially as it relates to productivity, yield, waste, etc.
• Strategy. Developing a data strategy as a part of the overall automation strategy.
Learn more about key manufacturing challenges that were discussed during Vision 2025, and download the entire 20-page report for FREE here.
Learn more about PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2019 here.