This content was written and submitted by the supplier. It has only been modified to comply with this publication’s space and style.
Tekni-Plex Healthcare, which utilizes advanced materials science expertise to help deliver better patient outcomes, has launched an immersive, next-level cyber experience to showcase its broad capabilities and product portfolios.
To officially kick off its Mytaverse environment, the Tekni-Plex division will host a full day of materials science presentations. The Virtual Technology Day occurs March 8 from 11 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. EST for the U.S., and March 10 from 11 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. CET for Europe. Those wishing to attend can register here.
Those participating in the event will be far more than spectators. Rather, attendees will have their own avatars, free to discover the cyber-environment and interact with others in an immersive, interactive experience. The setup is ideal to explore the wide array of materials science capabilities Tekni-Plex Healthcare brings to the medical, drug delivery, and diagnostics markets.
The result is a level of networking difficult to replicate in traditional online forums, as well as more impactful knowledge-sharing opportunities. The event’s scheduled presentations include:
11 a.m.–11:45 a.m.: Compound Basics: Advances in Materials Science for the Medical Device Industry
· Hear about the latest trends impacting medical device innovation
· Learn how materials science is evolving through the latest healthcare technologies
11:45 a.m.–12:30 p.m.: Breathable Packaging: Microbial Barrier
· Learn about breathable packaging material, and understand how microbes migrate
· Gain basic knowledge of the barriers to migration, and discover which test methods determine if barrier targets are being met
12:30 p.m.–1:15 p.m.: Paratubing Solutions
· Discover how new advancements in medical tubing improve designs and help keep patients safer
· Discuss paratubing constructions that reduce the risk of a tube being connected to the wrong port
· Review common design pitfalls that threaten manufacturing consistency—and how to avoid them
1:15 p.m.–2:00 p.m.: Diagnostics: Solutions for Fast Detection
· Learn how Tekni-Plex has used different solutions to help bring multiple novel diagnostic assays, such as PCR and ELISA, to market
· Understand how Tekni-Plex employed world-class materials science principles to solve key industry problems, and supplied point-of-care test innovators with a faster route to market
2:00 p.m.–2:45 p.m.: Top Considerations for Barrier Medical Packaging
· Explore barrier requirements for packaging and review common barrier materials
· Learn how to choose the right materials for various packaging formats
2:45 p.m.–3:30 p.m.: Tubing for Critical Fluid Handling Applications
· Review how recent tubing materials advancements improve critical fluid transfer applications
· Learn about unique tubing solutions for peristaltic pump applications offering improvements over silicone
· Discover complete fluid transfer options for drugs suspended in DMSO
3:30 p.m.–4:15 p.m.: Managing Supply Chain Risk
· Learn how the pandemic and climate events are creating havoc in supply chains
· Examine the various forces at play and outline scenarios that can reduce supply chain risk