When you think of liberal cannabis laws, Colorado is probably near the top of the list. However, according to a recent MJBizDaily article, the Colorful State will likely add restrictions to their marijuana industry, pending the signature of Gov. Jared Polis. If passed, House Bill 1317 would:
- Roll back the customer purchase limit for high-potency concentrates to 8 grams per day, roughly a fifth of the current limit.
- Require warnings on packages for concentrates as well as guidance on serving sizes.
- Authorize a new real-time tracking system to monitor the concentrate purchase limits.
- Mandate that the state School of Public Health examine existing cannabis research to look for “physical and mental health effects of high-potency THC marijuana and concentrates.”
- Add more rules to ensure patients 18-20 years old have a “substantial” relationship with their physician so it’s more difficult for them to obtain medical marijuana registrations.