Leading pharmaceutical services provider PCI Pharma Services will be at CPhI Worldwide (October 24-26, Frankfurt, Germany, Stand 4.F30), reinforcing its reputation for providing the global healthcare industry with excellence in service delivery.
An ongoing strategic investment and expansion program has enabled PCI to build its market-leading position enabling drug development solutions from molecule to market that deliver true speed to market and commercial success for clients across the world.
Earlier this month, PCI announced its focus on further European growth with the acquisition of Dublin-based pharmaceutical and healthcare contract packaging services provider, Millmount Healthcare – giving additional footprint within the EU.
With headquarters in Philadelphia, PA, PCI’s global reach is balanced with local focus through its operations in North America and Europe, supporting medicines destined to reach more than 100 countries around the world.
Most recently, PCI has aligned its business unit operations under new brand identities – the organization will continue to operate under the core ‘PCI Pharma Services’ name, with sub-branding introduced relevant to distinct areas of the business:
- PCI Manufacturing Services
- PCI Clinical Services
- PCI Commercial Packaging
PCI President and Chief Executive Officer Bill Mitchell said: “We strive to position PCI to best support our clients in bringing new medicines to successful commercialization. Our continued investment to expand our specialist service offerings mean we are able to provide clients with a full service from early stage development and manufacturing, through the clinical stages and ultimately commercial launch including Serialization. As all elements of the service operate within one company, we are able to ensure a seamless transition as products move through the cycle of development to commercial launch. The introduction of sub-brands provides clarity for our clients on the nature of our service offer, while maintaining overall brand confidence.”
Bill added: “Since 2012, the business has gone through significant change focusing on strategic investments, acquisitions and expansion to deliver a strategy developed to best support our client needs with a model of industry-leading expertise, world-class facilities, and cutting-edge technologies. This unique blend enables us to build effective and long-term partnerships truly adding value to our clients.”
Significant milestones include:
- October 2017 – acquisition of Millmount Healthcare, Dublin, Republic of Ireland – expanding PCI’s packaging capabilities with an EU footprint
- September 2017 – expansion of Cold Chain capability at Philadelphia, PA, US
- August 2017 – announces further investment in Specialized Labeling Capabilities, Hay-on-Wye, Wales, UK
- July 2017 – reinforces commitment to Serialization in response to delayed enforcement of FDA DSCSA deadline
- July 2017 – expansion of Serialization capability, Hay-on-Wye, Wales, UK
- May 2017 – announces completion and move-in phase of Clinical Services Center of Excellence in Bridgend, Wales, UK
- March 2017 – announces additional Cryogenic storage facility (second phase), Rockford, IL, US
- March 2017 – expansion of global Serialization capability, tripling capacity across worldwide supply network
- November 2016 – expansion of Cryogenic storage facility (first phase), Rockford, IL, US
- November 2016 – expansion of commercial contract packaging capacity, Philadelphia, PA, and Rockford, IL, US
- September 2016 – expansion of Clinical Services Center of Excellence in Bridgend, Wales, UK
- July 2016 – announces expansion of facilities at Tredegar, Wales, UK
- October 2015 – announces full integration of combined PCI organization and rebranding as PCI Pharma Services
- October 2014 – opens state-of-the-art North American storage and distribution facility for clinical trials, Rockford IL, US
- September 2014 – acquisition of Biotec Services International, Bridgend, Wales, UK
- August 2014 – acquisition of Penn Pharmaceutical Services Limited, Tredegar, Wales, UK
- March 2014 – expansion of packaging facilities, Rockford, IL, US
- June 2013 – acquisition of AndersonBrecon, Rockford, Illinois, US and Hay-on-Wye, Treforest, Wales, UK
- June 2012 – creation of Packaging Coordinators Inc. (PCI), Woodstock, IL, Philadelphia, PA, US.
PCI features cGMP manufacturing, laboratory, packaging, storage and distribution facilities across the two continents audited by both the MHRA and FDA, as well as major regulatory bodies in Europe, North America, South America and the Asia Pacific region. With an exemplary regulatory record and export experience, PCI’s highly trained associates serve as trusted partners to its customers, dedicatedto ensuring outstanding quality and care throughout all stages of the relationship. The recent acquisition of Millmount Healthcare further strengthens PCI’s European footprint and specialist packaging capabilities.
Join us at CPhI Worldwide 2017 in Hall 4, Booth F30 to hear more about the new and exciting developments within PCI.