Catalent will also highlight the pending acquisition of Aptuit's clinical trial supplies and pharmaceutical development and manufacturing operations. With the pending acquisition, Catalent becomes a global leader in clinical trial solutions and enhances its #1 position in drug development and formulation services. Additionally, Catalent has made a number of significant investments at many of its global sites in the US, Europe and Latin America, including in OptiMelt™ hot melt technology in the US and Europe and into softgel drug delivery technology globally.
Catalent leading scientists continue the tradition of drug delivery innovation and expertise by presenting eight scientific poster papers and leading two mini-symposiums as part of the AAPS conference proceedings.
Catalent Scientific Poster Presentation Schedule:
Monday, October 24, Michelle Cree, Ph.D., will present “Development and Validation of a Method for Determination of Bismuth in Human Plasma” Authors include Michelle Cree, Ph.D., Donald Stogner, and Marius Foltea.
Tuesday, October 25
o Kevin Gauger will present “Completing the Impurity Picture: A Case Study Identifying a Previously-Undetected Impurity When MS Detection Was Added to Routine UV Sample Analysis.” Authors include Kevin Gauger, Jayme Corbell, Tom Feinberg, and Charlotte Carroll.
o Keith Tanner, B.Sc and Colleen Spiegel will present “Gelatin-free Capsules: Investigation into the Disintegration and Dissolution Properties of Novel, Polysaccharide-shell Softgels.” Authors include Norman Stroud, B.Sc. and Keith Tanner, B.Sc.
Wednesday, October 26, there will be six poster presentations:
- Kieran Crowley, Ph.D., will present “Pharmacokinetics of Fenofibrate Nanoparticles Stabilized and Delivered using the Zydis® Technology.” Authors include Deepak Bahl, Ph.D., and Kieran Crowley, Ph.D.
- Kieran Crowley, Ph.D. will present “The Impact of a Poorly-Soluble Drug on Disintegration of Orally Disintegrating Tablets made by Different Manufacturing Technologies.” Authors include Kieran Crowley, Ph.D., Kingsley Bayoh, Kenneth Sultzbaugh, Ph.D., and Deepak Bahl, Ph.D.
- Charlotte Carroll will present “The Continuing Role of NMR Spectroscopy in the Characterization of Specialty Polymers.” Authors include Charlotte Carroll, Michele DeRider, and Tom Feinberg.
- Michele Cree, Ph.D., and Kimberly Davis will present “Evaluation of Digestion Approaches for Determination of Elemental Impurities in Support of USP and .” Authors include Michelle Cree, Ph.D., Kimberly Davis, and Sam Jones.
- Michele Cree, Ph.D., and Kimberly Davis will present “Development of Digestion Methods for Determination of Elemental Impurities in Ayurvedic Supplements.” Authors include Michelle Cree, Ph.D., and Kimberly Davis.
Catalent Symposium Schedule
Catalent experts, with Chris Porter, Ph.D., Monash University, present a mini-symposium titled “Everything you Wanted to Know About Softgel Technology, but Were Afraid to Ask”, on Tuesday, October 25, 2:00pm—4:00pm.
o 2:00pm—2:30pm, Chris Porter, Ph.D., Monash University, will present “Understanding the Performance of Softgel Fill Materials: Enhanced Solubilization and Beyond.”
o 2:30pm—3:00pm, Rickey Shelley, Ph.D., Catalent, will present “The Ins and Outs of the Softgel Manufacturing Process and Critical Process Parameters.”
o 3:00pm—3:30pm, Norman Stroud, B.Sc., Catalent, will present “Recent Advances In Softgel Technology: Vegicaps® Capsules and Film-Coated Softgels for Modified and Targeted Release of Drugs.”
Wednesday, October 26:
o 1:30pm—4:00pm, P.Y. Chen, Ph.D., Catalent, will present “Application of FT-Raman Spectroscopy for High-Throughput Solid Form Screening and Characterization” at a symposium session titled “Advanced Raman Technology in API Preformulation (#203).”
To schedule an interview with any of the above-mentioned presenters, during AAPS or after, please contact Patricia McGee . To receive a copy of any presentation after the event, contact Holly Rackett.
For more information on Catalent at AAPS, visit our website.