The Healthcare Distribution Alliance (HDA, formerly HDMA) announced the election of Jon Giacomin, Chief Executive Officer, Pharmaceutical segment, Cardinal Health, Inc., as Chairman of the HDA Board of Directors at its Annual Board and Membership Meeting.
Mr. Giacomin, who has served as Vice Chairman since November 2014, assumes the chairmanship from Ted Scherr, President/CEO, Dakota Drug, Inc., who was elected to the position in September 2014 and will remain a member of HDA’s Executive Committee.
Henry Dale Smith, Jr., Chairman and CEO, H. D. Smith Holding Company, will assume the Vice Chairmanship from Mr. Giacomin. Mr. Smith recently was honored with the Nexus Award for Lifetime Achievement, the pharmaceutical distribution industry’s highest honor.
HDA President and CEO John M. Gray thanked Mr. Scherr for his service, noting, “During his two years as Chairman, he helped lead us through the launch of our new brand identity, the passage of S. 483 and an increased global presence, and leaves us well-positioned for the future.” Gray continued, “I look forward to working closely with Jon and Dale as they assume their new leadership positions. Together with our Board of Directors, we will continue to support the important work of our members based on our core values of collaboration and supply chain leadership.”
Additionally, HDA announced several new members to its Executive Committee and Board of Directors:
· Maria Burns, Vice President, Burlington Drug Company, Inc.; and,
· Greg Drew, RPh, President, Value Drug Company.
Board of Directors
· Michael Faul, President and CEO, Miami-Luken, Inc.;
· Jeff Foreman, President, Smith Drug Company, Div. J M. Smith Corporation;
· Hal Harrison, Chief Executive Officer, Mutual Wholesale Drug Company;
· David MacFarlane, Chief Executive Officer, Seacoast Medical, LLC; and,
· Keith Patek, Vice President – Corporate Strategy & Development, Prodigy Health Supplier Corporation.
For more information, click here