Epson America, Inc. expanded its digital label press lineup with the introduction of the SurePress®L-4533AW. Delivering high-quality labels and packaging at a low total cost of ownership (TCO), the easy-to-operate seven-color inkjet label press is built for reliable performance, making short-run label printing with accurate color reproduction on a variety of substrates easy for label converters and commercial printers.
The Epson SurePress L-4533AW will be available in late 2017.
The L-4533AW has also undergone developments to meet the growing demand for fast turnaround, with longer automated printing times, e-mail alerts and minimal maintenance.
The company built on the success of the SurePress L-4033 series with a new product to meet the growing label and flexible packaging market demand for shorter runs and faster turnaround times. The L-4533 keeps the water-based resin inks, the expanded gamut and high resolution of its predecessor, and it offers enhanced automation features for greater efficiency and unattended operation.
Designed to improve productivity and increase efficiency, the L-4533AW offers advanced automated printing features, including up to eight hours of unattended printing, e-mail alerts and minimal manual cleaning. Offering remarkable reliability with all components built by Epson, including the ink, print head and controller, the L-4533AW features versatile substrate support and prints on off-the-shelf materials from 3.15-in. up to 13-in. wide and as thin as .00314-in.
The L-4533 also includes processing improvements for variable data processing (VDP), such as standard paper to thin films, metallic and laminated pouch materials. The seven-ink digital label press with variable drop size starting at three picoliters also includes a new larger ink drop size, ideal for large solid color backgrounds found on packaging. In addition, Epson offers a pre-installation site survey, operational training and RIP workflow training and software with the L-4533AW.
The Epson SurePress L-4533AW is designed to print prime labels and flexible packaging efficiently and profitably. Additional features include:
• High-quality labels–Epson MicroPiezo®inkjet technology and a wide color gamut deliver color matching and gradients required for branded prime labels and packaging
• Ease of operation–Automated printing allows a single operator to run multiple units at one time
• Low-cost turnkey solution–Training, workflow software and operational support included
• Competitive TCO–Automated printing, competitive ink price and minimal consumables
• Versatile substrate support–Prints on off-the-shelf flexo PS label materials, including uncoated, gloss and semi-gloss papers, film and vinyl, supported or unsupported media
• Versatile data support–For text, barcode and image serialization
• Industrial-quality inks–Seven-color ink set (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, Orange, Green and White), durable, water-based, resin-coated pigment inks provide superior adhesion, produce a remarkable range of colors, and deliver water and abrasion resistance on most substrates