Highlights of Session 402—Medical Device Packaging, Part I: Packaging Engineering, include:
• ISO 11607 Implementation: Panel discussion chaired by Mike Scholla, DuPont. Panelists: Tim Galekop, Ahlstrom Corporation; Randall Troutman, Oliver Medical; Dhuanne Dodrill, Rollprint Packaging Products, Inc.
• Case Study: Accelerated Aging of a Rigid Medical Packaging Application: Jack Imes, Principal Technical Service Engineer, Eastman Chemical Co.
• Basics of Pre-Made Thermoform Tray Design for Sterile Medical Package: Jason Crosby, Medical Business Manager, Plastic Ingenuity
Part II: Packaging Validation and Compliance
• Material Qualification for Form-Fill-Seal: Andy O'Gorman, Senior Associate, Stockdale Associates, Inc.
• Package Shelf Life Qualification: Real Time & Accelerated: Renee Van Dorne, Sr. R&D Project Engineer, Advanced Medical Optics
• ISTA 5B Refrigerated shipment qualifications: Mark Escobedo, Chief Technologist, Westpak
• Distribution & Shipping Validation: Jan Gates, Principal Packaging Engineer, Abbott Vascular
See Canon Communications for more details on this event.