Peli BioThermal, a cold chain partner from discovery to distribution, has announced its selection as a Minnesota Manufacturing Excellence Awards honoree. The award, presented by “Twin Cities Business” magazine, recognizes companies that display excellence in product design and engineering, manufacturing processes, logistics and supply chain management, and business operations, among other categories.
“The past two years were unprecedented for manufacturing companies facing raw material shortages, supply chain disruptions, and labor challenges. Yet so many persevered,” said David Williams, president of Peli BioThermal. “We’re honored to be recognized among other organizations that continue to rise above these challenges to grow Minnesota’s economy through innovation and adaptability.”
In the past year, Peli BioThermal stepped up to support global efforts to deliver COVID-19 vaccines and therapeutics to the world. Cold chain is an integral part of the pharmaceutical supply chain. However, existing cold chain solutions did not meet the needs of new deep frozen temperature ranges. Peli BioThermal quickly expanded current product lines to support short-term vaccine storage, redirect courier transport of vaccines from freezer farm hubs to immunization locations, and daily vaccine replenishment to remote and rural areas.
Beyond its work to support vaccine and therapeutic distribution, Peli BioThermal also:
- Added on-demand and virtual training options to continue to serve its customers
- Expanded product offerings through an acquisition for the growing field of direct-to-patient and direct-from-patient care
- Grew its global footprint of network stations and drop points by 27%
- Expanded its award-winning Golden Hour™ technology family to include a smaller, more portable container for military personnel to transport life-saving blood supplies to the battlefield
- Helped 100 pharmaceutical manufacturers worldwide achieve their objectives for logistics success
Peli BioThermal also won the Minnesota Manufacturing Excellence Award during the inaugural year in 2019. This year’s winners include Hennepin Made, Malco Products, Metal Craft, Minneapolis Glass Company, Minnesota Ice, Renewal by Andersen, and Tennant Company.