- Currently, 65% of cannabis sales stem from medical marijuana.
- Medical now legalized to various degrees in 29 states with legislation pending in 15 more.
- Recreational or adult use of cannabis (legal in nine states but only in effect in five currently) is fast growing.
- Recreational usually outpaces medical sales by a 15:1 margin in the first few years after legalization.
- Nevada, the latest state to legalize recreational use, expects to see 20:1 or higher sales of recreational cannabis boosted by tourism.
- Experts believe that by 2021 every state in the U.S. will have legalized cannabis for medical use
- Sales of medical marijuana will top $15 billion at that point.
- An additional six states are expected to permit recreational cannabis sales in the next two years.
You can download the entire 13-page white paper here for FREE.