Covectra, a provider of track & trace solutions, announced a new component to its ATLAS Serialization Platform, the ATLAS Repackaging System, designed to simplify the repackaging of pre-serialized pharmaceutical products. With the ATLAS Repackaging System, licensed repackagers can cost-effectively relabel previously serialized products, rework products damaged in the warehouse, or account for products removed after packaging for quality control processes.
A single material handling solution does not always address the many serialization-related requirements to which pharmaceutical manufacturers, repackagers, and CMOs must now adhere. In addition to the physical equipment, Covectra’s team of engineers works with a manufacturer’s in-house engineering team to customize the ATLAS Repackaging System based on any unique packaging configurations.
“Our new ATLAS Repackaging System further demonstrates our commitment to small and mid-sized pharma companies who often don’t have the bandwidth or knowledge to handle serialization requirements in-house,” said Steve Wood, president and CEO of Covectra. “Our engineering team’s broad serialization experience is paramount to helping companies through their serialization journey. With the ATLAS Repackaging System manufacturers have a simple solution to quickly address errors and to easily facilitate Good Manufacturing Practices when removing products for sampling during quality control processes.”
Features of the ATLAS Serialization Platform include:
- An agnostic system that connects to major brand printers, industry-accepted vision systems and barcode scanners
- Customizable label layouts for packaging configuration recipes, orders for compliance or label artwork
- Serial number management that indicates duplicated serial number scans, no read, invalid serial number, aggregation & disaggregation
- Reprinting capability for serialized case or pallet labels
- Flexibility to create partial cases or pallets
- Post-lot rework: ability to decommission a product or remove samples
- Relabeling: generates new serialized labels for each packaging level per GS1 and HDA requirements
- Complete reporting features on reworked or relabeled orders
The ATLAS Serialization Platform is a complete solution designed to comply with GS1 and HDA specifications as well as DSCSA barcoding guidelines for serialized products at manufacturing or packaging operations. Designed in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices, the ATLAS Repackaging System is CFR 21 Part 11 compliant and well suited for use in pharmaceutical manufacturing environments.