This content was written and submitted by the supplier. It has only been modified to comply with this publication’s space and style.
Columbia/Okura has been working on the development of miniPALTM a mobile, collaborative palletizing product integrating Universal Robot’s UR10e for some time. Columbia/Okura intends to launch this new product range of palletizing “cobots” immediately. “The partnership between our two companies allows Columbia/Okura to provide a safe and economical palletizing solution to clients who are facing labor shortages, many of whom may also be new to factory automation” says Brian Hutton, President of Columbia/Okura LLC. With the introduction of a collaborative palletizer, employees can be re-deployed to work on higher value tasks where their time and skills are better served.
Columbia/Okura continues to evolve product offerings to meet growing customer needs for safe, reliable and economical systems. The new collaborative product offering has five significant client benefits:
1) Efficient Set-up: Takes less than a full day; plugs into 110V AC wall power
2) Easy Operation: No previous programming experience required
3) Quick Payback: Average payback is between 8-10 months, depending on application and industry
4) Flexible Deployment: Our mobile solution is easily moved and re-deployed to new processes
5) No guarding required: A vast majority of cobot applications work next to humans without perimeter
With almost 25 years of robotic palletizing experience, Columbia/Okura is ready to assist in providing the best automated solution for our client’s needs. Stop by and see our system in action at Pack Expo Las Vegas, booth# C-4029