- Healthcare business lines exhibiting on stands C35/C37
- Polymer Solutions to show MEVOPUR® liquids, compounds and anti-counterfeiting systems
- Healthcare Packaging featuring humidity equilibrium sorbents and color-differentiated canisters
Muttenz, January 17, 2017 – Clariant, a world leader in specialty chemicals, will exhibit at Pharmapack Europe 2017 to show pharmaceutical and medical professionals new technology to add value and functionality to drug packaging and delivery devices. Clariant’s Healthcare business lines will exhibit on stands C35/C37 in Hall 4 of the Paris expo Porte de Versailles on 1 and 2 February 2017.
Clariant Healthcare Polymer Solutions will feature three new and innovative options for polymer coloration, modification and brand protection:
- A new series of ‘Controlled, Consistent and Compliant’ MEVOPUR® LQ liquid color and additive concentrates, including a USP/ISO range with amber color for PET and PETG packaging, and liquid color and additive concentrates for use in liquid silicone elastomers.
- Increased capacity for producing MEVOPUR color and additive compounds along with its well-established masterbatch concentrates in its three ISO13485 sites in Lewiston, Maine in the U.S., Singapore and Malmo, Sweden.
- PLASTIWARD™, a new plastic-based anti-counterfeiting system, developed by Clariant in partnership with SICPA SA. This end-to-end anti-counterfeiting solution includes security assessment, system design, deployment and on-going monitoring.
Clariant business line Healthcare Packaging will highlight two offerings in controlled atmosphere packaging:
- EQ-CAN®, EQ-PAK® & EQ-BAG® products are specially engineered sorbents that can act as humectants (desorbers) and desiccants (adsorbers) simultaneously, maintaining a particular equilibrium relative humidity (ERH) inside product packaging.
- Desiccant canisters with bright red labeling to better differentiate them from drug products. Displaying an easy-to-understand pictogram and the words “Do Not Eat” in multiple languages, the colored labels offer a further option to support packaging safety.