Pharma Technology Inc. (PTI) – the global leader in tablet dedusters and capsule polishers combined with metal detectors and loading systems for pharmaceutical solid dose production – has added an advanced Product Configurator to its recently revamped website. The handy tool provides solid dose specialists – or anyone responsible for purchasing and maintaining tablet dedusting or capsule polishing equipment – with an intuitive, step-by-step guide for determining ideal end-of-line machinery for specific situations and line set-ups.
The configurator helps pharma manufacturers choose among Pharma Technology Inc.’s wide array of end-of-line equipment, including tablet dedusters and capsule polishers that offer options ranging from metal detection to weight, thickness and hardness testing for tablets and weight and length measurement for tablets. As users move through the process of selecting the optimal choices to meet their needs, the configurator provides useful background information as to why certain options, features or devices are suitable to specific production scenarios.
Easy selection steps guide users to their ideal end-of-line machinery and, once there, provide detailed information and visuals showcasing why that particular machinery fits their needs. Consider the following hypothetical situation of a tablets manufacturer interested in dedusting equipment:
• The first choice to be made is the type of product, so our hypothetical manufacturer would choose tablets.
• The configurator then asks to choose a preferred technology. He chooses a segmented FDA hi-tec polymer spiral, and when asked to choose an operator exposure level, chooses high containment washable.
• When asked to choose a metals particle detector, he chooses a metal detector model and then a single drum for a drum loading type.
• He then needs to choose inlet and outlet heights, after which he clicks finish, and his ideal machine(s) is configured.
• The user is then given the option of requesting further information about the machine or machines recommended by the configurator.
In this particular case, the choices made by our hypothetical manufacturer led to two options, one of which was the PharmaFlex iSeries Deduster, an innovative deduster widely recognized for excellent efficiency and enhanced output, and winner of Medicine Maker Magazine’s 2015 Innovation Award.
“Our Project Configurator tool takes the confusion out of what can be a complicated process: determining ideal end-of-line machinery,” said Nic Michel, General Manager, North America for Pharma Technology Inc. “When it comes to machines like tablets dedusters, capsule polishers, and ancillary testing equipment, the wide range of choices makes even getting started a bit intimidating. Our new tool solves for that by walking users through the process in a simple, explanatory fashion that takes the mystery out of the research process by providing the following after a handful intuitive clicks:
1. 3-D picture of the chosen unit
2. Complete technical specification of the tablet deduster/capsule polisher with chosen metal detector and drum loading system
3. Detailed 3-D drawing with all dimensions.”