Nonmembers- Purchase your copy today at the PDA Bookstore
For a limited time only, PDA Technical Report No. 55: Detection and Mitigation of 2,4,6-Tribromoanisole and 2,4,6-Trichloroanisole Taints and Odors in the Pharmaceutical and Consumer Healthcare Industries is available for free download to PDA members until May 31st.
This latest report provides guidance on how to detect and mitigate TBA and TCA odors and taints. Well recognized in the food and beverage industries, the literature features knowledge from these industries regarding the origin of these odors and taints, analytical methods developed, and risk management strategies employed.
In 2009, this became an issue for the pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare industries with product recalls from four companies due to the risk of product exposure to the TBA taint from tribromophenol-treated wood pallets. Recalls from additional firms continued through 2011.
How to download you free membership copy of Technical Report No. 55 by May 31st.
1. Click this link to go to PDA's Bookstore: Technical Report No. 55.
2. Please log in with your PDA ID number and password (not case sensitive). The login button is located at the top right corner of the page.
3. Once you have logged in please click the orange "download now" button which will appear under the book cover.
4. Please click "OK" to accept the terms of the download.
5. Adobe Acrobat will launch and you will be prompted for a password. This password will be the same as your PDA password but IS case sensitive. (If your last name has two words each initial letter will need to be capitalized. Example: Di Marco not di marco).
6. Your download will begin and please remember to save this file to your computer. (You will be prompted for your password each time you wish to access this document).
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact the PDA membership department.
Companies in this article