In announcing the jurors, Shanna Moore, global director, sustainability, DuPont Packaging & Industrial Polymers, said, “DuPont is really looking forward to the judging of entries in this year's awards competition. Having so many industry experts with such a diverse background joining this year's independent jury will bring considerable insight into determining which are the most outstanding entries.”
Headlining the panel this year as facilitator is Packaging Hall of Famer Brian Wagner, vice president, PTIS, a HAVI Global Solutions Direct Company.
• Jane Bickerstaffe, director, Industry Council for Packaging and the Environment (INCPEN), United Kingdom
• Aparecido Borghi, packaging development manager, PÃ£o de AÃ§Ãºcar Group (GPA), Brazil
• Peter Clarke, CEO/founder, Product Ventures, USA
• Mike Heldman, marketing manager, Products and Innovation, International Coated Paper, Paperboard Business, USA
• Louis Lindenberg, packaging capability director, Global Design & Sustainability, Unilever, United Kingdom
• Ann O'Hara, vice president and general manager, Amcor Flexibles, Australia
• Michael Okoroafor, vice president, Global Packaging & Execution, H. J. Heinz Company, USA
• Thomas Schäbinger, CEO Mondi Coatings & Consumer Packaging GmbH, Austria
• Tan Hanes Zen Sunjaya, general manager Product Development and Quality Control (PDQC), Indonesia
Winners of a DuPont Packaging Award will be honored in May 2012 during a ceremony in Wilmington, Del. They also will be invited to engage with the panel jury to gain insights and advice during an adjacent educational program.
Deadline for entries is Feb. 24, 2012. In evaluating entries, jurors will consider excellence in one or more of these areas: innovation, sustainability and cost/waste reduction. There is no fee for entry, and DuPont materials do not need to be in the packaging structure. Forms, guidelines and past winners can be seen here.
DuPont Packaging & Industrial Polymers manufactures an extensive mix of adhesive, barrier, peelable lidding and sealant resins and provides a globally networked development team to work with customers on packaging programs that help protect the product, environment; improve shelf appeal, convenience; and reduce cost in the food, cosmetics, medical products and other consumer goods and industrial packaging industries.
Companies in this article