Professionals from leading consumer product goods companies, retailers, suppliers and other organizations aligned to the packaging and processing industry will select award winners for the Packaging & Processing Hall of Fame, Class of 2020. This award, instituted in 1971, is the top honor a packaging or processing professional can receive in his or her career. The Class of 2020 will be announced during PACK EXPO International and co-located Healthcare Packaging EXPO 2020 (McCormick Place, Chicago, Nov. 8-11), produced by PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies.
The 2020 Packaging & Processing Hall of Fame Commission:
- Joe Angel, President, PMMI Media Group and Publisher, Packaging World
- Kim Carswell, Director, Packaging, Target
- Kay Cooksey, Ph.D., Professor and Cryovac Endowed Chair, Department of Food, Nutrition and Packaging Sciences, Clemson University
- James Downham, President & CEO, PAC Packaging Consortium
- Suzanne Fisher, CPP, Head of Packaging Innovation, Wayfair
- Mary Gregg, President, Springboard Packaging Solutions, Inc.
- Glen Long, Senior Vice President, PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies
- Jeffrey Loth, Global Packaging Manager, Microsoft
- James Perry, Director, Package Innovation + Sustainability, Abbott Nutrition
- Bill Rice, Principal, Packaging Technology, SC Johnson & Son, Inc.
- Michael Richmond, Ph.D., PTIS, LLC, Global Management & Packaging Consultants
- Thomas L. Schneider, CPP, past Chairman, Institute of Packaging Professionals and past President, World Packaging Organization
- David S. Smith, Ph.D., R&D Executive, Consultant, David S. Smith Associates
- Nancy Wilson, CEO, Morrison Container Handling Solutions
The Packaging & Processing Hall of Fame recognizes career packaging and processing professionals for their significant contributions to the industry and education. The honor, which PMMI coordinates, had been awarded annually from 1971 until 2014. A new class was inducted during PACK EXPO International 2018 in Chicago and future classes will be inducted every other year at PACK EXPO International.
Nominations for the Class of 2020 will be accepted beginning March 3, 2020.