• "The Compliance Sweet Spot": Employing the TIR 22 for Effective ISO 11607, part 1 and part 2 Compliance, by Karen K. Greene, technical director, DDL West
• Medical Packaging Conditioning: Aging and Distribution Simulation, by Curt Larsen, principal, Spartan Design Group (952/380-1458)
• Test Method Specifics (peel vs. burst), by Mark Escobedo, chief technologist, Westpak, Inc.
Part II will focus on case studies and real-world applications, including the following:
• Sterilization and Packaging Materials (effects and considerations), by Karl Hemmerich, plant manager, Gamma Irradiation Facility, Steris Isomedix Services
• Root Cause Package Failure Analysis, by Lora Keena, director of QA/RA, Oliver Medical
• The Art and Science of Thermoforming, by Jason Crosby, medical business manager, Plastic Ingenuity, Inc.
• Successful Projects with a Package Engineering Consultant, by Jan Gates, principal packaging engineer, Abbott Vascular
Additional conferences will be held from Jan. 28 to 31; the exposition will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.,
Jan. 29 and 30 and from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Jan. 31.
WestPack will include five "special-focus pavilions" during the event: Pharmaceutical & Nutraceutical Packaging, Contract Packaging & Outsourcing Services, Cosmetic & Personal Care Packaging, Material Handling & Logistics, and a new Green Packaging pavilion. The trade show is hosted by Canon Communications.
--By Jim Butschli, Editor
An unexpected error occurred: Timed out after 10000ms