Supply chain event LogiPharma launched the LogiPharma Supply Chain Awards to recognize organizations, teams and individuals “pushing the boundaries across the pharmaceutical supply chain.”
Award entries opened May 9 and will close on July 7. Winners will be announced Nov. 17 at a ceremony for 250+ supply chain leaders from the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies, which will be held at the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart, Germany.
The biggest award of the night will be given to the Grand Slam Winner, a category not open for nominations but chosen from the list of winners by the judges. The panel of judges includes supply chain and logistics leaders from Amazon, Henkel, Unilever, AstraZeneca, Coca-Cola, Cranfield University and more.
“At this challenging time for the pharma industry it is particularly important that the need for excellence in supply chain management is given the recognition it deserves. These awards provide a useful benchmark for all those engaged in supply chain management in this sector,” says judge Dr. Martin Christopher, Emeritus Professor of Marketing & Logistics, Cranfield School of Management, Cranfield University
Team categories include the following:
• Distinction in Global Temperature Control
• Distinction in End to End Supply Chain Planning
• Best Distribution Network Strategy
• Best Application of Digital Pharma
• Best Supplier Collaboration (3PL, Pharma, CMO, Wholesaler)
• Best Direct to Patient Supply Chain Strategy
• Most Innovative Supply Chain Strategy
• Best End to End Supply Chain Visibility
Nominations include Supply Chain Leader of the Year and Supply Chain Team of the Year.
The judging panel is made up of the following people;
• Dr. Martin Christopher, Emeritus Professor of Marketing & Logistics, Cranfield School of Management, Cranfield University
• Prof. Omera Khan, Professor of Operations & Supply Chain Management Ph.D, FCILT,FIOM, Aalborg University
• Dirk Holbach, Corporate Senior Vice President & Chief Supply Chain Officer Laundry & Home Care, Managing Director HGSC B.V. Henkel
• Ian Midgley, former Chief Supply Chain Officer, Unilever & Chairman, Ethical Tea Partnership
• Peter Latham, former GB Supply Chain lead, Vice President, Coca-Cola European Partners
• Thomas Panzer, Senior Vice President, Supply Chain Management Pharmaceuticals, Bayer
• Sheen Behn, Vice President, Commercial Operations, Global Supply Chain and Strategy, AstraZeneca
• Philippe Hemard, Vice President Logistics Europe, Amazon
• Stephan Gotthardt, Senior Vice President, Supply Chain Europe, TEVA
• Clemens Twardy, Vice President, Supply Chain Management, Boehringer Ingelheim
• Sylvia Kiely, Global Head of Supply Chain Chemicals, Novartis
• Richard Farquharson, Head of Supply Chain and Distribution – EMEA, AstraZeneca
• Barbara Polek, Head Supply Chain Management & Distribution, Santhera Pharmaceuticals
• Peter Lundholm, Senior Director, EMEA Supply Chain, Pfizer
• Sheena Behn, VP, Commercial Operations, Global Supply Chain and Strategy, AstraZeneca
• Thibaud Leroy, Director, Pharma Manufacturing Network Optimisation, Merck Group
• Ayman Omar, Associate Professor, International Business & Research Fellow, Kogod Cybersecurity Governance Center, Kogod School of Business, American University
If logistics is about having the right product, at the right time, at the right place in the fastest and more efficient way, I cannot think of a better industry than the one curing illness,” says Hemard. “The LogiPharma Supply Chain Awards is an important event for the industry as we come together to celebrate those pharma companies which exhibit innovation and excellence in making our world safer."