The third and final track of the Pharma EXPO Conference Program will tackle pharmaceutical packaging challenges. Co-located with PACK EXPO Las Vegas (Sept. 28–30, 2015; Las Vegas Convention Center), Pharma EXPO is produced in partnership by PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing, and the International Society of Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE), ISPE organizes the Pharma EXPO Conference.
The pharmaceutical packaging track will address topics like integrity testing and active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) exposure. Kenneth Waterman, Ph.D., will present the spotlight session, a discussion of advanced stability modeling for package development and how it can speed time to market as a more-efficient alternative to trial-and-error.
“Packaging is as important a consideration for pharmaceutical products as for any other product, and the pharmaceutical packaging track will keep attendees current with the technological trends, regulatory developments, and best practices impacting their packaging lines,” says Charles D. Yuska, President and CEO, PMMI.
Registered attendees of PACK EXPO Las Vegas and Pharma EXPO can purchase tickets for any of the sessions in the conference or the pharmaceutical packaging track:
• Optimized Packaging Lines: Reduce Engineering Time with Integrated System Diagnostics with Pamela Docherty, Life Sciences Industry Manager, Siemens, USA
• Container Closure Integrity Testing for Blow/Fill/Seal: Reliability and Validation at Production Speeds with Marco Renggli, Area Sales Manager, WILCO AG
• Spotlight Session: Using Advanced Stability Modeling to Push Innovation and Speed to Market for Package Development with Dr. Kenneth Waterman, President, FreeThink Technologies, Inc.
• Materials Science: Case Study for Rational Design of Transdermal Patch Packaging with Rishabh Jain, Research Scientist; Yuan Liu, Research Scientist; and Georgia Mohr, Marketing Director, Bemis Healthcare Packaging
• Oral Solid Dose Packaging: Assessing, Minimizing and Monitoring the Risk of API Exposure with Leonard Pauzer, Senior Process Engineer, IPS- Integrated Project and Kevin Swartz, Senior Engineer, IPS-Integrated Project Services, Inc.
The pharmaceutical packaging track’s five sessions take place Wednesday, Sept. 30, from 9 a.m. to 2:50 p.m. in Room N-253. Conference rates are $140 for a single session, $220 for a single-day pass, and $500 for a full conference pass. Register for Pharma EXPO and view the full Pharma EXPO Conference Program schedule at pharmaexpo.com. This month marks the debut of Pharma EXPO in Las Vegas.
Together, Pharma EXPO and PACK EXPO Las Vegas will feature processing and packaging innovation over 800,000 net square feet of exhibit space from more than 2,000 exhibitors to an audience of 30,000 attendees. Registration for PACK EXPO and Pharma EXPO is $100.
PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies, represents the voice of more than 700 North American manufacturers of equipment, components and materials for processing and packaging. We work to advance a variety of industries by connecting consumer goods companies with manufacturing solutions through the world class PACK EXPO portfolio of trade shows, leading trade media and a wide range of resources to empower our members. The PACK EXPO trade shows unite the world of processing and packaging to advance the industries they serve: PACK EXPO International, PACK EXPO Las Vegas, Pharma EXPO, PACK EXPO East, EXPO PACK México, EXPO PACK Guadalajara and ProFood Tech, launching in April 2017. PMMI Media Group connects manufacturers to the latest solutions, trends and innovations in processing and packaging year-round through brands including Packaging World, Automation World, Healthcare Packaging, Contract Packaging and Packaging + Processing OEM. PMMI Business Drivers assist members in pursuing operational excellence through workforce development initiatives, deliver actionable business intelligence on economic, market and industry trends to support members’ growth strategies, and actively connect the supply chain throughout the year. Learn more at PACKEXPO.com, PMMIMediaGroup.com and PMMI.org.