Videojet Technologies, producer of coding, marking and variable data printing solutions, will display new equipment and a selection of its marking and printing line of products, including continuous inkjet (CIJ) printers, thermal inkjet (TIJ) printers, thermal-transfer overprinters (TTO), laser marking systems, case coders and print-and-apply labelers.
New technologies showcased by Videojet at PACK EXPO Las Vegas include:
• New Videojet 1860 CIJ, which uses predictive capabilities including an industry-first ink build-up sensor to provide up to eight hours of advanced notice of common potential fault conditions that can impact OEE and uptime. (An example of this unit’s coding is shown in the photo here.) Users can count on enhanced predictability and performance without surprises – achieved through advances in CIJ printing technology integrated with new on-board intelligence and communications abilities. More than 50 real-time sensors continuously monitor 150+ key indicators of printer performance to provide diagnostics, analytics and guidance. The Videojet 1860’s 45-degree slanted printhead design delivers increased versatility through easy line integration and more mounting options than a 90-degree printhead to provide closer proximity to the product.
• New Videojet SIMPLICiTY™ interface greatly reduces operator printer interactions to help eliminate potential user errors through an intuitive, tablet-inspired 10” touchscreen interface.
• VideojetConnect™ Remote Service is a cloud-based solution that helps customers optimize printer performance by empowering remote diagnosis and repair along with visibility beyond simple printer performance. Information can be tailored to the user, whether a plant or production manager or an operator, to provide dashboard analytics, performance reports, automated notifications and production data. With VideojetConnect Remote Service, users can anticipate issues and accelerate recovery via remote printer access supported by Videojet technical experts. At PACK EXPO Las Vegas, VideojetConnect Remote Service capabilities are demonstrated via the Videojet Remote Edge Server featuring connectivity and communication with all coding and marking technologies displayed in the Videojet booth.
• The Videojet LifeCycle Advantage™ suite of offerings includes VideojetConnect™ Remote Service and is backed by a large service footprint for fast remote recovery and on-site responsiveness. Service options are designed to complement manufacturers’ unique maintenance and support needs. With a proactive focus on operational improvements, Videojet LifeCycle Advantage can help customers maintain printer performance, quickly recover unplanned interruptions and optimize the performance of their coding and marking equipment.
• New Videojet DataFlex®6530 and 6330 TTO printers feature revolutionary iAssure™ technology, an integrated code assurance system that automatically checks every print for alphanumeric defects and helps to reduce the packaging waste that results from coding errors. The modular design gives users the flexibility to choose how to fit the printer into their production line, and for those users requiring fewer components exposed in a production environment, the printer can also be controlled through its web interface for a streamlined, single point of control. The 6530’s all-electronic design utilizes a new and exclusive printhead, eliminating the need for plant air and its associated costs, while allowing for more control and faster throughput speeds.
• New high-poweredCO2 Videojet 3640 60-Watt Laser Marking System is engineered to process complex codes at the highest speeds and features a wide mark field. The Videojet 3640 meets the demand for enhanced speeds in data processing and communication, helping manufacturers code with virtually no font, code or graphic restrictions at line speeds up to 900 meters/min, depending on the application. The wide marking window allows the 3640 to cover up to 600mm, meaning a variety of wide web applications that previously would have required two lasers can be addressed with one laser.
• New Videojet 7220 and 7320 Fiber laser marking systems deliver versatile, permanent coding with a small footprint and low maintenance. Perfect for high-contrast color change on plastic and metal materials, these reliable, pulsed fiber laser marking systems feature built-in productivity and flexibility that can be configured to the user’s needs.