Global load cell manufacturer Flintec has launched PC7 load cells, rated to IP69K and IP68 protection levels to cope with regular washing down using high pressure cleaning equipment.
Flintec’s new PC7 single point load cells have been specially designed for scales and other equipment subject to extreme forces—or where the designer specifies oversize platform dimensions.
The new load cells are rated 100kg, 250kg, and 500kg, and certified to OIML 4,000d by the UK’s National Measurement Office (NMO).
They are constructed from electro-polished stainless steel to comply with best practice in the food processing and pharmaceutical sectors.
Previously, stronger load cells tended to be less sensitive and less accurate, whereas more precise load cells were weaker and less able to cope with extreme conditions.
The company designs and manufactures a wide range of load cell and force measurement products including:
• Compression load cells, including pancake, column, canister load cells
• Tension load cells, including S-type models
• Beam type and planar beam load cells
• Transducers, shear pins and extensometers
• Weighing modules
• Analogue amplifiers, digitising units, displays, measuring instruments, and junction boxes.