New Tool: ProSource
Checkout our packaging and processing solutions finder, ProSource.

Air Cushion Film

Storopack’s AIRplus BIO home compostable air cushion film is a partly bio-based film, using natural and renewable resource starch and can be disposed of alongside organic waste on home compost piles.

Home Compostable Air Cushion Film

This content was written and submitted by the supplier. It has only been modified to comply with this publication’s space and style.

Storopack’s film is certified by TÜV Austria for home composting. In accordance with the DIN EN 13432 standard, on which the certification is based, at least 90% of the film degrades into natural resources within 365 days. Depending on the temperature and microculture of the compost, microbes and heat fully convert the remaining 10% percent as well into carbon dioxide, water, and biomass. The certification ensures that the resulting biomass is plant and worm-friendly. Air cushions made from the film boast are designed to protect light to medium weight shipping goods.

AIRplus® Bio home compostable film can be disposed of in the bin for organic waste for the purpose of industrial composting in many countries and regions. However, the disposal depends on the regulations and standards in the different areas and municipalities and are in some cases still in development. Recipients of the packaging can use the printed QR code to find out about disposal options in their country.


Fill out the form below to request more information about Air Cushion Film
How to Honor a Leader
Induction into the Packaging & Processing Hall of Fame is the highest honor in our industry. Submit your leader to be considered for the Class of 2024 now through June 10th. New members will be inducted at PACK EXPO International in Chicago.
Read More
How to Honor a Leader
Test Your Supply Chain Smarts
Take Healthcare Packaging's supply chain quiz to prove your knowledge!
Read More
Test Your Supply Chain Smarts