Antares Vision, the world’s leading provider of serialization-based track and trace solutions for the pharmaceutical industry, will stress its heightened availability of ready-to-deploy serialization modules at INTERPHEX NYC Booth #3164, March 21-23, 2017. Of note, the company will showcase its new Antares Vision Quick Compliance Program, which draws upon a large lineup of available modules to enable compliance within 10 weeks from the project start.
Accessibility of infrastructure and speed to deployment have become paramount as U.S. regulatory deadlines loom. The next milestone for manufacturers to comply with 2013’s Drug Supply Chain Security Act is November 27, 2017, by which date pharmaceutical manufacturers are required to print a unique product identification code on all Rx units of sale and homogenous cases distributed domestically.
The looming deadline makes the Antares Vision Quick Compliance Program particularly prescient. The program encompasses standardized package of software, documentation and services, minimizing Project Management Office (PMO) efforts by pre-preparing validation documentation. All units are ready to ship and preconfigured in Antares Vision’s spacious new Moorestown, NJ warehouse space.
“The Antares Vision Quick Compliance Program can ensure adherence to its timeframe, mostly due to our large inventory of ready-to-go modules,” said Adriano Fusco, Strategy and Development director for Antares Vision. “This is a big differentiator from other claims in the industry relying on third-party serialization modules, whose availability can delay the implementation schedule.”
Featured hardware in the Antares Vision Quick Compliance Program includes:
· P&C EVO Ready: A version of the P&C EVO (details below) preconfigured for the November DSCSA compliance guidelines. Ideal to print on one side of the carton.
· Reel 2 Reel module: An off-line labeling printing station. This produces reels of serialized labels suitable for bottle labeling
· Manual station: Manages printing of serialized labels on cases (both bottles and cartons) according to the DSCSA requirement
Meanwhile, the program’s software is Antares’ popular GTS Plant Manager, which generates or imports serialization numbers and stores all data while interfacing with Level 4 repositories. GTS Plant Manager comes preconfigured and ready to manage line serialization. As needs evolve, the scalable software can be expanded to manage additional lines and other communication layers.
At INTERPHEX NYC, Antares Vision will showcase several serialization units, including:
· Antares Vision’s Print & Check EVO is the most widely used integrated solution on the market. Quick and easy to integrate into packaging lines, the unit occupies just 705mm of floor space as it prints and verifies on carton flaps. Upper and lower conveyors keep cartons stable for reliable printing and unsurpassed verification accuracy. The Print & Check EVO can handle cartons up to 120mm wide and 200mm in height at a maximum speed of 300 units per minute. It offers real-time management of relevant serialization data, including the construction of parent/child relationships at various packaging levels.
· Antares Vision’s Top View Matrix Station aggregates cartons to a specific shipping case and prints unique shipping labels. The module’s signature 19.6”x11.8” top-view reading window employs cameras that automatically adjust to reading additional layers for faster throughput. The unit alerts operators to incorrect or already-picked barcodes and other defects to ensure a higher quality process, and an intuitive touch screen interface allows personnel to quickly change product and shipping information to accommodate customer orders. The unit’s semiautomatic operation gives warehouse and distribution operations the ability to cost-effectively go beyond the throughput limitations of manual loading and aggregation.
“As we enter the stretch run toward November’s initial serialization deadline, pharmaceutical companies, contract manufacturers and contract packagers all know that now is the time to engage a track & trace partner if they haven’t already done so,” said Andrew Pietrangelo, President, Antares Vision - North America. “This year’s INTERPHEX is our last, largest platform to showcase how Antares Vision, as the world leader in serialization-based track & trace solutions, is uniquely prepared to meet regulation compliance deadlines in an increasingly tight timeframe.”