- Clariant Healthcare Polymer Solutions will exhibit in booth 2450
- New compounding line continues expansion at MEVOPUR® ISO13485 plant in Lewiston, ME
- Liquid masterbatches and anti-counterfeiting system to be featured
Muttenz, January 31, 2017 – Clariant, a world leader in specialty chemicals, will exhibit at MD&M West 2017 and will announce several new developments in its MEVOPUR® line of “Controlled, Consistent and Compliant” polymer masterbatches and fully compounded plastics. Clariant is exhibiting in booth 2450 at the medical and plastics expo being held at the Anaheim Convention Center in California, February 7 – 9.
In addition to other recent investments, Clariant is expected to announce a new compounding extrusion line that will be installed in the company’s ISO-13485-certified plant in Lewiston, ME. The new line reportedly will be capable of processing larger batch sizes (10,000 to 20,000 lbs) of polyolefins, ABS, PC and PC alloys as well as specialty materials such as TPU and cyclic olefins. It will complement improvements already completed at the end of 2016, including with an additional line to process fluoropolymers such as ETFE, PFA and PVDF. This facility already produces masterbatches (color and additive concentrates) and small lots of pre-colored resins under the MEVOPUR brand.
Clariant Healthcare Polymer Solutions will also feature two more new and innovative options for polymer coloration, modification and brand protection:
- A new series of ‘Controlled, Consistent and Compliant’ MEVOPUR LQ liquid color and additive concentrates that includes, for the first time, materials that suit LSR (Liquid Silicone Resin) processing methods and using USP class VI and ISO10993 pre-tested ingredients. For transparent packaging made of PET /PETG and PP, liquid colors, such as amber, will also be shown.
- PLASTIWARD™, a new plastic-based anti-counterfeiting system, developed by Clariant in partnership with SICPA SA. This end-to-end, in-plastic security solution includes not only the taggant incorporated into plastic resin, but also design and deployment, authentication devices and a real-time monitoring platform.
Clariant MEVOPUR masterbatches and compounds provide the makers of medical and pharmaceutical products with regulatory documentation to support their use in healthcare applications, and change control / notification fitting with FDA guidelines. The Lewiston plant is one of three global sites designed and operated to meet strict regulatory requirements for materials used in medical devices and pharmaceutical packaging. The other two facilities are located in Malmö, Sweden, and Singapore.