Demand for different syringe systems has increased vastly as a result of the increasingly complex and varied requirements posed by the healthcare market, especially physicians and patients, to the pharma and healthcare industry. The Gerresheimer Group offers a comprehensive and innovative portfolio of pharmaceutical primary packaging products and is one of the leading experts in the development and manufacture of sterile prefillable syringes.
Gerresheimer is a syringe technology and innovation leader with its premium RTF® (Ready to Fill) brand and a state-of-the-art range of sterile glass syringes.
· Gerresheimer supplies a fully comprehensive range of ready-to-fill syringes to the pharma industry. They are completely pre-assembled, siliconized, sterilized and supplied in a nest and tub like packaging for fully-automated filling.
· The syringes are made from borosilicate tubular glass with highest hydrolytic resistance. Gerresheimer also manufactures the tubes as an input product.
· As a result of continuous process improvement and the use of state-of-the-art glass forming technology, RTF syringes can now also be offered in PharmaPlus quality. This is a brand new and pioneering quality category which was established by the Gerresheimer specialists.
· The range of finishing technologies also includes Baked-On RTF™ siliconization - which is perfect for sensitive biopharmaceuticals - as an alternative to the standard liquid siliconization. The Baked-On RTF™ process involves a silicone oil-in-water emulsion being baked onto the inside surface of the glass syringe barrel.
· Innovative product designation avoids confusion and prevents product piracy. Laser encoding is used to indelibly apply a tiny data matrix code to the finger flange. Multicolour heat transfer printing more effectively distinguishes between product information and calibrations.
· Intelligent accessories simplify syringe handling. They include closures such as the Rigid Needle Shield with Thermoplastic Elastomer (RNS/TPE), the Tamper Evident Luerlock Closure (TELC) and the backstop with widened finger flange.
Companies in this article