A long-time advocate of sustainability,Avery Dennison Label and Packaging Materials is stepping up its efforts to raise the sustainability bar. The company is inspiring converters, brands and thought leaders to work together to increase sustainability awareness, choices and collaboration to solve some of the industry's most difficult problems.
Launching this month is a multifaceted initiative to engage, educate and motivate businesses and people alike, while building its sustainability leadership brand. The initiative embraces:
● An educational campaign that positions the company -- embedded in industries and communities worldwide -- as a force for good.
● A Sustainability and Compliance Zone in its booth #119 at Labelexpo Americas, giving customers and brand owners the products and services needed to responsibly source, reduce and recycle.
The Campaign: Together We Can Do Beautiful Things: http://www.label.averydennison.com/sustainability
Using the message “Together we can do beautiful things,” the campaign brings to life the company’s sustainability purpose, products and innovations through a complete program of communication deliverables. The animated videos, social media messaging, case studies, website and more are designed to:
● Showcase Avery Dennison’s history of sustainability-related innovations and its position as a sustainability leader and collaborator in the labels and packaging industry
● Increase awareness of Label and Packaging Material’s sustainability-oriented products and services in a new sustainability portfolio named ClearIntent™
The Sustainability and Compliance Zone, Labelexpo Booth #119
Avery Dennison will also feature sustainability at Labelexpo, the largest label and packaging trade show, in Chicago September 13-15. The zone will feature the launch of the Avery Dennison ClearIntent™ Portfolio, a collection of sustainable products and services designed to enable converters to help brands meet sustainability targets. The portfolio features:
● A line of products that meet sustainable product standards. Choosing Avery Dennison ClearIntent Portfolio products can help customers make a positive environmental impact and move toward their own sustainability goals. For a product to qualify for the Avery Dennison ClearIntent Portfolio, it must meet at least one of three sustainability standards:
○ Responsibly Sourced: a significant amount of the product’s content is verified to come from sustainably sourced materials;
○ Reduce: the product offers comparable or superior performance using less materials;
○ Recycle: the product is recyclable, made of recycled content, or enables recycling.
● Also featured in the booth will be:
○ Labels made with paper certified by the Forest Stewardship Council
○ A Bonsucro certified film made from renewable resources
○ Thinner labels to help companies consume less material
○ Label solutions that enable PET containers to be recycled.
On the day before Labelexpo (September 12), an AWA Label Release Liner Industry Seminar will be held in Chicago. Renae Kulis, Senior Director and global leader of Sustainability for Avery Dennison will be speaking on release liner recycling.
For more information, click here