The uptick in automation continues as companies seek to update manufacturing processes to meet production demands while improving value, managing costs and ensuring employee safety. As new entrants and seasoned experts search for the right automation solutions, Epson Robots, the #1 SCARA robot manufacturer in the world, today announced new updates to its T-Series line with the T3-B and T6-B All-in-One SCARA robots.
The new T3-B and T6-B All-in-One SCARA robots offer high-quality and high-performance at an exceptional value to simplify both complex and simple automation applications such as packaging, pick and place, dispensing, and inspection. These all-in-one industrial robots include the same intuitive software, powerful features and reliability found in Epson’s high-end robots, while keeping total cost of ownership low in industries spanning automotive, medical development, lab automation, consumer electronics, electronic components, and industrial.
“Ease of use in robotics is more important than ever and the new T-B Series SCARA models bring exceptional value without compromise to both new entrants and advanced manufacturers,” said Scott Marsic, group product manager, Epson Robots. “Epson strives to simplify automation for all users and the new T3-B and T6-B are designed to provide uncomplicated solutions with productive outcomes. Paired with the no-code Epson RC+® Express software, users can add the robots to automation systems in no time.”
Epson’s new SCARA robots tout an All-in-One, space-saving design that includes a built-in controller housed in the robot’s base with power for end-of-arm tooling. The T3-B and T6-B are compatible with Epson’s suite of integrated options including vision guidance, IntelliFlex™ parts feeding, teach pendants, and field bus master and slave interface boards. Additional updates include an improved form factor design and updated motion control for smoother, faster cycle times.
Designed for the ultimate ease of use, the T3-B and T6-B come equipped with the feature-packed Epson RC+ and no-code Epson RC+ Express industrial automation development software. Ideal for novice and advanced users, Epson RC+ is an easy-to-learn programming language that offers a powerful set of tools to redefine automation efficiency. An intuitive, visual-based teaching environment, Epson RC+ Express is designed for users with little-to-no programming experience to easily and efficiently develop simple, powerful robotic programs.
Key features include:
- Easy to install; fast integration – installs in minutes, unlike complex linear-slide systems, requires less time and money for system integration
- Value without compromise – includes the same intuitive software, powerful features and reliability found in Epson’s high-end robots while helping to keep the total cost of ownership low
- Standard 110 V and 220 V power – low wattage and power consumption (no special panel or plug required)
- Built-in power for end-of-arm tooling – eliminates the need for an external power source
- No battery required for encoder – minimizes downtime and reduces overall cost of ownership
- Other integrated options – teach pendant, field bus master and slave interface boards available, including EtherNet/IP and add on instructions for easy integration with Allen Bradley PLC’s
AvailabilityThe T3-B ($7,495) and the T6-B ($9,495) All-in-One SCARA robots will be available in mid-March through Epson Robots channel of distributor partners. To learn more about the T3-B and T6-B All-in-One SCARA robots, please visit http://www.epson.com/space-saving-all-in-one-series-industrial-robots.