Deterra Drug Deactivation System is launching new Plant-Based Pouches for medication deactivation and disposal. Using organic activated carbon, Deterra Pouches are meant to be a simple option for safely eliminating leftover medications to reduce drug abuse and negative environmental impact by keeping potent pharmaceuticals out of the watershed and landfills.
These Plant-Based Pouches:
- Use proprietary MAT12 Molecular Adsorption Technology to deactivate leftover medications using activated carbon
- Are USDA Certified, 50% or more bio-based, and have earned the I’m green™ plastic certification,
- Are manufactured in a factory built to LEED® Silver sustainable building guidelines on equipment designed to be powered by 100% wind-generated electrical energy,
- Are printed using an expanded color gamut process to reduce ink consumption and waste production,
- Are created to contain a smaller percentage of plastic when disposed of,
- Are safe to place in the normal household trash after deactivation,
- And are meant to provide a convenient, immediate, and environmentally sound alternative to flushing.