From end-of-line packaging processes through to the end user, a shipping case and its contents encounter a rigorous supply chain. With so many steps—and so many hands—contributing to the process, clear communication of special requirements and instructions for individual cartons is critical. To address that, Shurtape Technologies Inc., manufacturer of pressure-sensitive tapes expanded its line of printed hot melt packaging tapes to include new and improved print designs.
New additions to the existing line of stock prints include:
• HP 240 Pull Edge to Open/No Knife Required: When used with a ShurSEAL® manual or automated tape dispenser equipped with Folded-Edge® Technology, this printed tape lets receivers know that the tape can be removed easily by hand, preventing injury or product damage that could result from the use of a knife.
• HP 240 Fragile—Handle with Care: The updated print features an image of a pair of hands holding a carton to indicate the need to be gentle while handling.
• HP 242 Keep Refrigerated—Do Not Freeze: Formulated for use in cold temperature case sealing environments, this new print indicates cases/cartons that need to be kept in refrigerated environments.
• HP 242 Keep Frozen: Built to perform in extremely cold case sealing and storage environments, this new printed tape features a snowflake design and light blue print to clearly differentiate it from its “Keep Refrigerated” counterpart.
The new and improved prints join the existing portfolio, which includes:
• HP 240 Security Tape: Diagonal lines and the bold “Security Tape” print indicates and draws attention to a tamper-evident seal.
• HP 240 Stop if Seal is Broken: Featuring a STOP sign and cautionary message, this print is often used as a safety precaution in the event of a pilfered carton or one damaged during transit.