Established in 1959, the DIANA is one of HDA’s highest honors, recognizing manufacturer members for developing innovative new product introductions and promotions for the healthcare distribution industry, while enhancing business practices with their distributor trading partners. Winning companies, selected by the association’s distributor-member executives, represent exceptional leadership in the healthcare marketplace and exhibit a commitment to advancing supply chain best practices through their active participation in HDA.
“Strong working relationships between HDA distributors and more than 1,400 manufacturers are essential to ensuring that millions of medicines, healthcare products, vaccines and medical supplies are delivered safely and reliably to Americans each day,” said Chester “Chip” Davis, Jr., president and CEO, HDA. “We congratulate our 2021 DIANA honorees for being the standard-bearers for innovation and collaboration in the healthcare supply chain.”
The awards were presented in conjunction with the 2021 HDA BLC Online virtual conference. Additional information is available at HDA.org/diana.
2021 DIANA Award Winners
Best New Product Introduction or Promotions
- Biotechnology Products: Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc., REGEN-COV™(casirivimab with imdevimab)
- Branded Pharmaceuticals: Eisai, Inc., Dayvigo®
- Generic Pharmaceuticals: Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc., Epoprostenol Injection
Best Overall Pharmaceutical and Consumer Product Manufacturers
- Consumer Product Manufacturer Winner: Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, Inc. First Merit Finalist: Cipla USA, Inc. Second Merit Finalist: Broadway Industries
- Best Overall Generic Pharmaceutical Product Manufacturer, Less Than $100M Sales Winner: Ajanta Pharma USA First Merit Finalist: Unichem Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. Second Merit Finalist: Breckenridge Pharmaceutical, Inc.
- Best Overall Generic Pharmaceutical Product Manufacturer, More Than $100M Sales Winner: Zydus Pharmaceuticals (USA) Inc. First Merit Finalist: Ascend Laboratories, LLCSecond Merit Finalist: Apotex Corp.
- Best Overall Branded Pharmaceutical Product Manufacturer, Less Than $300M Sales Winner: Upsher-Smith Laboratories, LLCFirst Merit Finalist: Kowa Pharmaceuticals America, Inc.Second Merit Finalist: TherapeuticsMD
- Best Overall Branded Pharmaceutical Product Manufacturer, More Than $300M Sales Winner: Gilead SciencesFirst Merit Finalist: Bristol-Myers Squibb CompanySecond Merit Finalist: GlaxoSmithKline
HDA Manufacturer Partners of the Year
- Less Than $500M Sales: Apotex Corp.
- More Than $500M Sales: Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals Inc.