The beverage industry has been in a state of ongoing change as manufacturers adapt to shifting consumer preferences and demands. Consumers seek beverage products that provide added functionality to their lives, enhance their overall health and are available in convenient formats for hassle-free consumption, according to the Beverage Trends Driving Change infographic and white paper from PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies. In addition to these traits, consumers are increasingly concerned about the sustainability of beverage packaging.
As the infographic highlights, the top challenges beverage producers need to overcome to meet these consumer demands include maintaining sufficient production capacity, reliably sourcing ingredients and materials, finding adequate labor and upgrading outdated technology. There is no better place for beverage manufacturers to find the right solutions for these challenges than PACK EXPO East (March 21-23, Philadelphia). Show attendees will see a comprehensive range of packaging and processing technologies yet still have time for personal, productive discussions with suppliers.
The biennial event, produced by PMMI, provides professionals from the consumer-packaged goods (CPG) and life sciences rich Northeast corridor a convenient and rewarding opportunity to explore the latest packaging and processing technology in person, connect with suppliers and find applicable solutions in a changing marketplace.
“The dominant trends in the beverage industry – sustainability, functionality, convenience and health consciousness – are driving SKU expansion and the demand for innovative products,” says Jorge Izquierdo, vice president, Market Development, PMMI. “PACK EXPO East is the ideal opportunity for busy professionals to bring their entire project teams to vet the latest solutions for keeping up with these trends in person.”
As the PMMI white paper points out, it is almost impossible to discuss manufacturing trends without examining the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. According to the infographic, the pandemic has expanded the reliance on e-commerce, with 73 percent of consumers purchasing groceries online, 44 percent of manufacturers shipping products direct-to-consumer and 22 percent of beverage companies planning to add new production lines for online orders.
To aid CPG companies seeking e-commerce and other manufacturing solutions, PACK EXPO East will feature several educational and networking opportunities:
- The Forum at PACK EXPO will feature free, interactive 45-minute open sessions on the latest industry trends by the OpX Leadership Network, Institute of Packaging Professionals, Contract Packagers Association and PMMI Business Intelligence, followed by small group discussions and Q&A sessions.
- In the center of the action, the free, 30-minute seminars on the Innovation Stage (Booth 2226) offer ample opportunity for professional enrichment from exhibitors throughout the day. Attendees will learn about breakthrough technologies, innovative applications and proven approaches from the experts themselves.
- Multiple networking events will take place during the show including events hosted by the Packaging & Processing Women’s Leadership Network (PPWLN), serving to recruit, retain and advance women in processing and packaging as well as the Emerging Leaders Network.
- The Workforce Development Pavilion is the one-stop shop for resources to strengthen your current workforce and grow the existing workforce. Learn about PMMI U offerings, including popular training workshops. PMMI Partner Schools will present mechatronics, packaging and processing offerings, and attendees and exhibitors can meet students interested in careers in the industry.
- The Future Innovators Robotics Showcase (Booth 625) features high school robotics teams in the Philadelphia area showcasing their design, engineering and troubleshooting skills.
- Association Partner Pavilion houses leading associations dedicated to advancing the packaging and processing industry, offering significant resources, insights and expertise all in one central location. Participating associations already confirmed include the Reusable Packaging Association (RPA), Institute of Packaging Professionals, the Contract Packaging Association, Flexible Packaging Association, OMAC – Organization for Machine Automation & Control, the Foundation for Supply Chain Solutions (F4SS) with many more to come.
Just a drive or train trip away for most of the east coast, no other event will offer such a wide range of state-of-the-art packaging and processing solutions as PACK EXPO East. For more information and to register, visit packexpoeast.com. To learn about the PACK Ready Health and Safety plan, visit packexpoeast.com/packready.