Laurent Rozier was appointed as Multisorb Technologies' business development representative, healthcare packaging, for central and southern Europe. ...
Cortegra Group, Inc. named John Kay as vice president of operations. Cortegra also welcomed Lenore Campites and Russell Hill as account executives on its sales team. ...
Bemis Co., Inc. elected Henry J. Theisen to be president and CEO. Theisen succeeds Jeffrey H. Curler, who will continue as executive chairman. ...
Nic Michel was appointed vp of the Oystar USA Process Div. ...
Multivac announced Kevin Ryan, Jeffrey Winkler, and Michael Barron as regional sales managers within the company's Medical-Consumer-Industrial (MCI) Div. ...
Jay Cheng was named general manager of the Klöckner Pentaplast Group's Asia/Pacific Rim operations. Future operations in India, and sales offices in Australia, China, India, Indonesia, and Thailand. ...
Multisorb promoted Adrian T. Possumato to global director, healthcare packaging. ...
Pascal Bruna was appointed associate director innovation, Valois Pharma. ...
Mettler-Toledo Hi-Speed announced that Tony Tulanowski joined the firm as service sales specialist.
• Logistics provider DHL and temperature-controlled air cargo container supplier Envirotainer announced a new global partnership in which DHL will use Envirotainer's equipment for temperature-sensitive shipments worldwide.
• Alga Plastics became part of Sealed Air Corp. The move joins Alga with European custom thermoformer Nelipak BV. Separately, Sealed Air acquired The Dow Chemical Co.'s Ethafoam business.
• Medical device, component, and manufacturing service provider Medegen, Inc. opened a new facility in Tijuana, Mexico.
• Symetix, the pharmaceutical business unit of Key Technology, appointed PT Electronics Pvt. Ltd. as its exclusive sales representative for India.
• NJM/CLI appointed Pack & Process as its exclusive sales agent for Mexico and Central America.
• Cook Pharmica, the contract biopharmaceutical manufacturing division of Cook Medical, announced an $80 million expansion aimed at developing and manufacturing cell culture-based products.
• Eastman Chemical Co. introduced an online Medical Technical Center, located at www.eastman.com/medical. The site allows medical OEMs, processors, and designers to access product and processing information critical to application success, from design to product launch.
• Zumbiel Packaging joined the International Packaging Group, a nonprofit association of folding carton producers.
• Stora Enso appointed Authentech as its reseller for PackAgent, a product authentication and track-and-trace
• Chesapeake Corp. dedicated a new pharmaceutical paperboard packaging plant in Kunshan, China. The company also expanded its operations on Long Island, NY, and is relocating from its location in Lake Success to nearby Hicksville.
• PL Developments, a pharmaceutical company, has acquired the assets of PAL Laboratories, including PAL's Miami facilities. The acquisition will pave the way for formation of a new PL Developments subsidiary, Avéma Pharma Solutions.
Fanuc Robotics America, Inc., introduced the Certified Education Robot Training (CERT) program, a new certification available to qualified high schools, community colleges, and universities. The program certifies instructors at educational institutions to train their students to program Fanuc robots. ...RDD Online launched a Web-based Aerosol Training Module: Dr. Stephen Newman's Pressurized Metered Dose Inhaler (pMDI) Presentation, sponsored by Valois Pharma. Available at www.rddonline.com/education/online_training.asp, the module is intended to meet the training requirements of corporate and commercial development teams in the pharmaceutical and biotech sectors with a need to understand the basic attributes of pMDIs.
Alcan Packaging, a div. of Rio Tinto Alcan, announced that its Medical Flexibles Americas Commerce, CA, and Marshall, NC, facilities have received the ISO 13485:2003 certification, a quality management standard for medical devices. ...GlaxoSmithKline's St. Louis site recently awarded its first Green Belt certification to vendor associate, Mark Winkelmann, regional sales manager for Pretium Packaging. Pretium supplies bottles and caps for the GSK site. ...Michael Troedel, president of Troedel & Associates, Inc., was recognized with an ASTM International Award of Merit and accompanying title of fellow, the highest ASTM honor for individual contributions to standards activities.
How can I simplify the shipping process for temperature-sensitive pharmaceuticals and biologics?
A new approach to one-way universal shipping has made it far more convenient to send temperature-sensitive healthcare packages. Key changes in package design allow you to forget the pains of bench-time (or sweat time). What’s more, SKU management is simplified with four payload sizes to choose from where each size makes use of the same components and the same pack out is used for both 3-day and 5-day shipments. Watch this video to see how a few innovative changes in package design can radically improve your temperature-sensitive packaging operations.