Pelican BioThermal announces the launch of Chronos™ Express, its new single-use shipper using phase-change materials and high-performance foam insulation for consistent temperature stability in excess of 72 hours. The shipper is available in 6-L, 12-L, 28-L, 56-L, and 96-L volumes and covers temperature ranges from 2°C to 8°C and from 15°C to 25°C.
The Chronos Express has been designed by the specialist engineering team at Pelican BioThermal. The new single-use shipper was created to meet customer demand for a high-performance, shorter-duration product with many of the features of Chronos Advance, making it suitable for deliveries in Europe or mainland U.S.
The key benefits of the Chronos Express are as follows:
• Consistent temperature stability in excess of 72 hours
• Payload to external volume ratios, reducing storage and distribution costs
• Quick, simple, and error-free packing process though single-temperature, one-size CoolPhase PCM coolants
• CoolPhase PCM coolants are interchangeable between Chronos Express and Chronos Advance ranges
• High-performance foam and PCM technology reduces excursions and increases compliance
• Hibernation can be achieved at any point during transit by placing the shipper into control range storage
The Chronos Express is the latest addition to Pelican BioThermal’s suite of products and services that offer longevity, reusability, and sustainability to provide the safe transport of pharmaceuticals, tissue, diagnostics/clinical trials, vaccines, and blood samples. These include the following:
• Chronos™ Advance—a range of high-performance, single-use shipping systems, using advanced insulation and phase-change materials
• Crēdo Cube™, Crēdo Duracube™, and Crēdo™ PROMED—Reusable thermal cases that protect payload contents at defined temperatures
• Credo Xtreme™—a full and half pallet (durable hard shell) of the Credo Cube, which holds 406 and 890 L and offers the same temperature control duration
• CoolPall™ Vertos—a high-performance, single-use bulk freight-forwarding product designed as a flat pack, easily assembled product
• Sherpa™—Robust, off-the-shelf, cost-effective, pre-qualified, temperature-controlled packaging product
• Crēdo ProEnvision™—Next-generation asset management software