X-Trim stood out for the optimisation results showing:
- Better improvements in trim waste savings (of the order of 0.5%) and in number of setups (of the order of 10%).
- The capability to handle multi-stage optimisation including primary film lines, primary slitters, metallizers, secondary slitters.
- Superior & intuitive user interface making it easier for the users to adopt the system.
- Open integration capability allowing SRF IT team to implement the interfaces with the Oracle EBS (used by the group as the ERP system) with minimal support.
Following this initial successful implementation, SRF rolled out the solution to their new sites in:
Thailand (BOPET site located in Rayong) in 2016.
- South Africa (BOPP site located in Durban) in 2017.
- Both sites are greenfield and are fully operational with X-Trim integrated with Oracle EBS.
Anil Gupta, SRF VP-IT in charge of the group information systems, commented that: “I am very pleased with our choice of X-Trim and Greycon as partner. Greycon team has shown consistent commitment at all stages including making some adaptation to the solution reports for our shopfloor instructions needs. The planning teams at each site mentioned they are very excited and comfortable using X-Trim after the first week of training. It is an extremely fast tool which simulates different scenarios”.
Abder Guezour, Global Business Development Manager at Greycon says: “I have done some implementation work myself directly working with SRF team together with our partner in India, Sharad Mittal. I enjoyed working with the team backed by the results we have obtained with X-Trim, the approach of SRF to adopt new business processes to yield further benefits. I am also pleased to see SRF team and our team of consultants & support interacting regularly ensuring knowledge sharing and keeping up-to-date with recent versions of the system”.