The Healthcare Supply Chain Association (HSCA), in partnership with AVIA Health Innovation, today announced the five finalists for Sink or Swim, a supply chain innovation competition dedicated to helping connect innovative medical product suppliers with leading healthcare group purchasing organizations (GPOs). As part of the “Shark Tank”-style competition, which will be held on October 6th during the 2015 Healthcare Supply Chain Expo in Washington, DC, the finalist companies will present their products or services to a panel of supply chain industry experts. The winners will receive consultations with executives from leading GPOs.
“HSCA and its member GPOs are committed to finding innovative suppliers and helping them bring their products to market in order to enhance patient care, increase competition and reduce costs for the entire supply chain,” said HSCA President and CEO Todd Ebert, R.Ph. “The Sink or Swim competition is the latest reflection of our industry-wide commitment to fostering innovation, which also includes processes at every GPO to get innovative products on contract; annual innovative technology summits; the HSCA Small Supplier Portal; and the creation of the Healthcare Supplier Diversity Alliance (HSDA).”
The five finalists for the inaugural Sink or Swim competition are:
- AvaSure (Belmont, MI): The AvaSure remote Visual Monitoring System leverages advanced audio and video technology to allow Virtual Sitter Technicians (VSTs) to monitor multiple at-risk patients simultaneously from a single location, improving patient safety while helping providers better allocate their nursing resources.
- InvisionHeart (Nashville, TN): The InvisionHeart ECG System is a mobile solution for capturing and managing 12-lead ECGs, including the ability to read, visually compare, confirm, report, and store diagnostic quality electrocardiograms.
- Precision Fabrics - DermaTherapy (Greensboro, NC): Precision Fabrics’ DermaTherapy is the only line of bedding created specifically for individuals who suffer from skin conditions. DermaTherapy sheets are comprised of uniquely structured fibers that effectively wick moisture away from the surface of sheets, resulting in a better sleeping experience for patients.
- RightCare (Philadelphia, PA): RightCare’s solution suite helps providers identify high-risk patients during admissions, prioritize their time and resource allocations for at-risk patients, and connects patients with the right post-acute care agency or service that best fits their unique needs and preferences.
- SwipeSense (Chicago, IL): SwipeSense combines point-of-care wearable and wall-mounted hand hygiene dispensers with real-time usage data to eliminate dependency on manual observations and increase compliance with infection control procedures. Badges are linked to the individual, enabling full participation in facility efforts to improve hand hygiene performance.
The 2015 Healthcare Supply Chain Expo will take place October 5-7 at the JW Marriott in Washington, DC.
>> For more information on the Expo, click here