This content was written and submitted by the supplier. It has only been modified to comply with this publication’s space and style.
Recognizing the awardees’ contributions to ISPE and to the pharmaceutical industry, Nancy S. Berg, President and CEO, presented the honors on behalf of the ISPE Board of Directors.
“As a volunteer organization, ISPE depends on the hearts and minds of its Members and the support of their companies to achieve outcomes that make a difference in terms of industry best practices, product quality and ultimately, patient health,” says Berg. “For that reason, recognizing those Members and companies who make contributions that raise the bar for the Society and for the industry is all-important. We are grateful for their work on behalf of ISPE.”
The 2012 award winners are:
- Charles P. Hoiberg of Pfizer was honored with the Joseph X. Phillips Professional Achievement Award, a special award that recognizes an ISPE Member who has made a significant contribution to the pharmaceutical industry, not just ISPE. Named in honor of Joe Phillips, longtime supporter of ISPE and a leader in establishing the Society as an “integrator” of industry and regulators both during his years of service with the FDA and later when he became International Regulatory Affairs Advisor to ISPE, this award is given infrequently to recognize the extraordinary contributions of its recipients
- Joanne Barrick of Eli Lilly Company was awarded the Max Seales Yonker Member of the Year Award, which recognizes a Member who has made significant contributions to ISPE in the past 12 months.
- Gert Moelgaard of NNE Pharmaplan was honored with the Richard B. Purdy Distinguished Achievement Award, given in recognition of multiple years of dedicated service to ISPE.
- The CGMP Conference Planning Committee and Young Professionals Committee were both named Committee of the Year. This award recognizes the outstanding work of the Society’s committees, councils, task teams or community of practice steering committees.
- CRB Consulting Engineers, Inc. was named Company of the Year, an award that honors outstanding support provided by a company as reflected in commitment to the mission of the organization as well as through company employees’ significant active participation in the Society’s committees, councils, task teams, COPs, programs and activities.
- Alex Brindle, Steven Davy, PhD, David Tiffany and Chris Watts were awarded the Roger F. Sherwood Article of the Year Award for their article, “Risk Analysis Mitigation Matrix (RAMM): A Risk Tool for Quality Management,” published in the January/February 2012 issue of Pharmaceutical Engineering Magazine.
- The Japan Affiliate received, for the second year in a row, the Affiliate of the Year Award. This award recognizes the outstanding work of one of ISPE’s International Affiliates, as reflected by membership development and services, management, industry and society support and innovation.
To read more about these Society leaders and the awards they received, and to view the complete list of awards presented at the 2012 ISPE Annual Meeting, please visit the ISPE Annual Member Awards page on the ISPE website.