Illinois Lieutenant Governor Evelyn Sanguinetti toured the 60th PACK EXPO International at McCormick Place, visiting the booths of six companies. The largest processing and packaging trade show in the world in 2016, with over 2,100 exhibitors, the trade show draws attendees from more than 130 countries to explore and view product demonstrations, while learning about the latest technologies in processing and packaging equipment.
“Illinois businesses are driving technology and equipment innovation,” said Lieutenant Governor Evelyn Sanguinetti. “Illinois is proud to host PACK EXPO International, which is the world’s largest processing and packaging trade show. It was an honor to meet with leaders in processing and packaging at today’s trade show to see how they are moving this important industry forward.”
Lieutenant Governor Sanguinetti visited the following booths:
- Domino Amjet, a UK-based manufacturer of ink jet and laser printers, established a manufacturing plant in Gurnee nearly 40 years ago. The company now employs 200 people in Illinois, with its North American headquarters in Gurnee.
- Bimba Manufacturing Company, headquartered in University Park, manufactures actuation, fluid power, and motion control technology for packaging, with nearly 300 Illinois employees. Bimba is also a former client of the Department of Commerce’s Illinois State Trade and Export Promotion (ISTEP) program.
- Morrison Container Handling Solutions designs packaging solutions and manufactures container handling machines for a variety of industries including dairy, cosmetics, pharmaceutical and household products. The company is headquartered in Glenwood and employs 65 people in Illinois.
- Serac, based in France, operates its North American headquarters out of Carol Stream and has over 60 Illinois employees. Serac manufactures liquid filling and capping machines for food products, home and personal care products, and industrial products.
- Triangle Package Machinery Company, a packaging automation company that manufactures vertical form fill seal baggers, is headquartered in Chicago and employs 175 Illinois residents. The company previously participated in EXPO PACK Mexico as part of an Illinois delegation organized by the Illinois Department of Commerce’s Office of Trade and Investment.
- Z Automation is headquartered in Mundelein, with 30 Illinois employees. The company designs custom automated packaging equipment and does business in Canada, Mexico and Europe.
U.S. exports of packaging machinery grew by 3.2 percent in 2015 to $1.1 billion. If current growth continues, U.S. shipments of packaging machinery will reach $8.5 billion by 2020.