Download the latest edition of HCP’s Serialization Playbook that will bring you up to date on DQSA/DSCSA, and what it means for your serialization efforts. Learn More »
Serialization, e-pedigree, and RFID continue to resonate strongly for Healthcare Packaging’s online readers, as determined by compiling readership numbers for 2012. The role of the pharmacy, biologics, cold chain distribution, regulatory issues, and package design also engaged readers. So before we say goodbye to 2012, here’s a look back at the 12 most-read articles last year on HealthcarePackaging.com:
12. Perspectives on RFID in pharmaceuticals: RFID is a tool that can benefit pharmaceutical manufacturers from clinical trials through to the commercial supply chain.
11. Europe shows the way to pharmaceutical serialization: Through government regulations and/or standards organizations, Europe is out in front when it comes to serialization in pharmaceutical and medical device packaging applications.
10. Mold-Rite Plastics acquires Weatherchem: Complementary acquisition expands the company’s product lines, manufacturing capabilities, and geographic reach.
9. Will California's e-pedigree compliance dates slip again?: This and other serialization questions continue to circulate. Consultant Dirk Rodgers offers perspectives in this report.
8. Medicine-On-Time links consumers to simplified Rx packaging: SortMyMeds.com aims to provide a consumer-driven approach to adherence and increase revenue for community pharmacists.
7. Needlestick experts to join Safe in Common for online event: Multimedia exploration share insights into the past, present, and future of needlestick safety.
6. Pharmacy role continues to evolve and expand: Medical treatment advances, competitive forces, packaging, and consumer interaction spark change in the role of the pharmacy.
5. Contract manufacturer provides prefilled syringe perspective: In this Q&A, Shawn Kinney, PhD, president of Hyaluron Contract Manufacturing, discusses developments in prefilled syringes, and the company's approaches to prefilled syringe filling.
4. 'Big pharma' embraces biologics: GBI Research says fast-evolving biopharmaceuticals will challenge synthetic market dominance in the global market for APIs.
3. Allegra trial pack delivers multiple packaging 'firsts': Sanofi US’s Chattem consumer healthcare division launches “A”-shaped package for Allegra allergy medication.
2. Cold chain outsourcing growth anticipated in Asia and Latin America: Bayer Healthcare project manager discusses emerging markets for pharmaceutical logistics and distribution outsourcing.
1. R.I.P. for RFID?: The global market for RFID technologies is more than $6 billion a year—but healthcare comprises only a small percentage of that number. Here’s a look at RFID’s role in the healthcare packaging sector. (In the photo shown here, tags placed directly in refrigerators require no hard wires and are easy to deploy. They monitor temperature ranges of pharmaceuticals, vaccines, blood bags, lab samples, and other items.)